The competition “DESIGN AN ALTERNATIVE POSTER FOR ‘STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS’” (“Competition”) is solely organised by Poster Spy, London, Middlesex, NW4 (‘Poster Spy’):
1. The below terms and conditions (“Competition Terms”) apply to the Competition.
2. Dates: The Competition shall open at 5:00pm on 16th November 2015 (the ‘Opening Date’) and close at 23:59 on Tuesday 05th December 2015 (the ‘Closing Date’).
3. To enter: You must complete all of the following actions between the Opening Date and the Closing Date to be entered in to the prizes selection (the “Entry”):
a. Designing you own alternative poster of the film “Star Wars: the Force Awakens”;
b. Validly submitting your design on the Poster Spy website https://posterspy.com/starwars/; and
c. providing a valid postal address;
d. ensuring all details provided are accurate and up-to-date at the Closing Date;
e. agreeing to have your design (i) shared by Poster Spy to Curzon, both Poster Spy and Curzon may display submitted designs in accordance with Section 9 below; and, (ii) if Shortlisted or Winner design, be exhibited at Curzon Mayfair for two (2) weeks from 17th December 2015 (“Exhibition”).
f. agreeing that by taking part in this Competition you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Competition Terms.
4. Eligibility: The Competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity. If aged under 18, entrants should be able to demonstrate to Poster Spy’s satisfaction that their parent/ guardian consented to such entry. Please note that only entrants whose design is Shortlisted will receive their design printed in A3 format at their provided address. Multiple entries are allowed per person. Bulk, third party or organized group entries will be disqualified.
5. Selection: Entries are judged on artistic or other subjective criteria, Poster Spy reserves the right to set amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
a) Selection of Shortlisted Entries: a jury composed of Poster Spy employees, Curzon employees and followers (“Jury”) will select ten (10) designs (“Shortlisted”) which will be publicised via Poster Spy’s social channels by Friday 11th December 2015 (“Shortlisted Announcement”). The Shortlisted entrants will be notified via email within 7 days of the Shortlisted Announcement. The Winner will be notified via email (“Prize Notification”) and have 14 days from receipt of the Prize Notification to claim his or her Prize by registering their details by emailing email@example.com. If the Shortlisted entrants have not claimed their Prize (as set out below) within this period, Poster Spy will be entitled to select alternative design(s) to be Shortlisted.
b) Selection of Winning Entry: A special judge will be nominated within the Jury will select the winning design (“Winners”) out of the Shortlisted designs, which will be publicised via Poster Spy’s social channels by Friday 18th December 2015 (“Winner Announcement”). The Winner will be notified via email within 03 days of the Winner Announcement. The Winner will be notified via email (“Prize Notification”) and have 14 days from receipt of the Prize Notification to claim the Prize by registering their details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If the Winner Prize (as set out below) is not claimed within this period, Poster Spy will select an alternative winner.
6. The Prizes: This Competition contains two sets of prizes:
Shortlisted Prizes: For the nine (9) Shortlisted designs:
– an A3 print of their entry
– Their print displayed at the Curzon Mayfair for 2 weeks from December 17th 2015
– a Star Wars Funko Pop of their choice
– Official Disney Merchandising
Winner Prizes: the following items will be sent to the UK address of the Entry:
– an A3 print of their entry
– a Star Wars Funko Pop of their choice;
– Official Disney Merchandising
– a Wacom tablet; and,
– £150 cash reward via bank transfer to UK bank account to be notified to Poster Spy. (Poster Spy will not take responsibility for charges if sent to an international Bank Account)
Poster Spy who accepts no responsibility for errors in payment processing by any banks or for banks charges.
Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. There is no cash alternative except for £150 cash reward for the Winner. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason, Poster Spy reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
7. Competition Entrants and Entries
Poster Spy reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has (i) breached the Competition Terms, any applicable law (including copyright law); or (ii) acted in such a manner that may have adverse effects on the Star Wars franchise, Disney, Poster Spy or Curzon; or (iii) has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees this may lead to disqualification, without any opportunity for challenge.
Any person that is (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees this may lead to disqualification, without any opportunity for challenge.
In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition or prizes remain unclaimed for, Poster Spy will select alternative designs.
There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the Competition or access the website.
Neither Poster Spy nor Curzon accepts any form of responsibility for disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize; or any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence). No prizes will be insured.
Poster Spy and/or Curzon accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
9. Intellectual Property
You agree that Poster Spy (and any third party authorised by Poster Spy) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, displaying in cinemas or placing it on websites, blogs, social media channels or leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to Poster Spy the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to herein. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give Poster Spy (and any third party authorised by Poster Spy) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
Poster Spy will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition (e.g. e.g. shipping prizes or display online or in Cinemas including the Exhibition) and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
All Shortlisted Entrants and Winner unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and disclosure of their county of residence (if within the UK) or country of residence (if outside the UK); and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Competition Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Competition (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim.