Contest open June 6th 2016 – June 27th 2016
Horror Channel FrightFest, the UK’s leading horror & fantasy film festival is teaming up with Poster Spy, the internet’s primary source of alternative movie posters, to launch a very special poster competition ahead of the festival’s annual 5-day event in August at the Vue Shepherd’s Bush.
We’re inviting designers and artists, both amateur and professional, to create a brand new alternative poster to run alongside the official FrightFest poster design by long-time associate and world-renowned fantasy artist Graham Humphreys (Poster artist, The Evil Dead, A Nightmare on Elm Street). Artists are free to create what they like, keeping in mind the theme and tones of Horror. Feel free to create your own horror monster or design that will represent the Horror Channel Frightfest festival!
We’re looking for art that encapsulates the tone and atmosphere of the horror genre whilst encapsulating what the festival is all about (lots and lots of incredible horror movies).
Dates to Remember
The deadline for this contest is Monday June 27th 11:59PM GMT . This contest is open to worldwide entrants. You may enter more than once.
The winning artist will receive a $250 cash prize, a full festival FrightFest pass worth over £150 (Travel and accommodation not included), a media wall photo appearance with Mr. Humphreys himself and the opportunity to sign a commercial deal with FrightFest Enterprises, FrightFest’s official online merchandising store http://www.FFEnts.co.uk,
How to Enter
Terms and Conditions
1. FrightFest and Poster Spy’s alternative poster contest is open from 9.00am June 6th 2016 – 11:59pm June 27th 2016. Any entires submitted after the deadline will not be accepted into the contest.
2. FrightFest and Poster Spy retain the right to reject any entries they deem to be damaging to either the FrightFest or Poster Spy brand.
3. Prizes are non exchangeable and non refundable. The $250 winners prize will be sent via PayPal to the winner.
4. Entrants must submit original pieces of art that follow the given brief. No copyright material such as brand logos may be used.
5. By entering this competition, you give FrightFest, Poster Spy and The Horror Channel the exclusive right to use your work non-commercially to help promote FrightFest.
6. FrightFest cannot guarantee that the winner will be contacted for future commercial work.
7. Travel and Accommodation for the FrightFest event will not be provided by Poster Spy, FrightFest or The Horror Channel.
8. FrightFest and Poster Spy retain the right to ask the winning entrant to modify their final work to better align with the FrightFest campaign.