Contest open 2nd December 2016 – December 16th 2016
Winning Entry The BriefTerms and ConditionsAll EntriesHi-Res Stills & Imagery
A Monster Calls by Rico Jr
Directed by J.A. Bayona and from the award winning team behind Pan’s Labyrinth and The Impossible,
A Monster Calls is a visually spectacular and stunningly emotional drama based on the award-winning novel.
A MONSTER CALLS is in cinemas New Year’s Day.
Ahead of the film’s UK cinema release on New Year’s Day, Entertainment One Films UK and Poster Spy are inviting artists to create their very own alternative film poster for the truly remarkable, A Monster Calls.
A visually spectacular drama from acclaimed director Juan Antonio Bayona (“The Impossible”), based on the award-winning fantasy novel. 12-year-old Conor (Lewis MacDougall) attempts to deal with his mother’s (Felicity Jones) illness and the bullying of his classmates by escaping into a fantastical world of monsters and fairy tales that explore courage, loss, and faith. Also featuring Liam Neeson who will star in performance-capture and voiceover as the nocturnally visiting monster of the title, and Sigourney Weaver as the maternal grandmother.
Designers should draw on the film’s extraordinary visuals and its emotional themes, but please do be creative! The more original, the better and the winning design will be selected by celebrated Illustrator Jim Kay, the illustrator behind the A Monster Calls book as well as the recent Harry Potter editions.
The winner will have their artwork printed and placed in select Odeon Cinemas as well as receiving a cash prize of £350 and a signed copy of A Monster Calls Special Collector’s Edition book, signed by Jim Kay and the Author Patrick Ness
This contest is open WORLDWIDE.
Minimum paper size: A3, 300DPI CMYK – You are welcome to work at larger sizes i.e. A2, A1 etc. Just ensure your entry is high enough quality to print.
The alternative art work must include:
The film title A MONSTER CALLS.
The film’s release date: In Cinemas New Year’s Day
The film’s cast:
(Use any typeface that goes appropriately with your design)
Dates to Remember
The deadline for this contest is midday, December 16th BST. This contest is open to worldwide entrants.
You may enter more than once.
A Monster Calls / Harry Potter illustrator
The winning print selected by renowned illustrator Jim Kay (A Monster Calls, Harry Potter)
Your poster on display at selected ODEON Cinemas nationwide
A signed copy of A Monster Calls Special Collector’s Edition, signed by Jim Kay and the Author Patrick Ness.
How to Enter
Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open from Friday 2 December until midday (GMT) on Friday 16 December.
- Artwork must be available as a 300 DPI and as a large JPEG file
- Prizes are non-exchangeable and non-refundable. The cash prize will be sent to the winner via bank transfer.
- Entrants must submit original art that follow the provided brief. No copyrighted material may be used. Not complying with these conditions might result in exclusion from the contest.
- By entering the competition, you give Entertainment One Films UK, ODEON Cinemas and Poster Spy exclusive rights to use your work non-commercially to promote the film, including official social channels.
- We reserve the right to ask the winning entrant to modify their final work.
- The contents of your entry do not reflect the opinion of Entertainment One Films UK and Odeon Cinemas. Responsibility for the information and views expressed in the artwork lies entirely with the author(s).
- Payment may take up to 8 – 10 weeks to be processedA MONSTER CALLS_ Orlando Arocena- adobe IllustratorA Monster Calls Poster Contest Mexifunk
This imagery is for inspiration, please avoid using them to create Key Art style designs. Creativity and personal style is encouraged.
All imagery © Entertainment One Films UK